» Solution: Microsoft Teams keeps freezing my computer - Workaround

» Solution: Microsoft Teams keeps freezing my computer - Workaround

Looking for:

Microsoft teams freezing during video calls. Solution: Microsoft Teams keeps freezing my computer 













































   

 

Microsoft teams freezing during video calls.Teams freezes computer during video calls



 

I have a brand new HP laptop about a month old that is being used for school. The school uses Teams. Teams freezes and locks up the PC. It has to be restarted. After getting back into Teams, it freezes again. Time is lost and it is frustrating. There are no programs running in the background that would throttle the resources on the laptop while Teams is running.

I understand that age of the computer is not a factor in how software works outside of the specs. I understand that both programs are running in different code based on the OS. Was this reply helpful? Yes No. Sorry this didn't help. Thanks for your feedback. Several users report freezing in the middle of video call multiple times a day.

Even switched the user to new devices, problem persists. Therefore reinstallation of Teams is not a solution for this problem. As this is a know bug to a lot of people Reliability issues: crashing, hanging, freezing — Microsoft Teams UserVoice please fix this. I have a brand new Lenovo and this is an enormous problem for me! I've had Teams reinstalled and now I'm focussing on my internet provider as there appears to be some issues from their end that they can't figure out.

But I have to say that I have less issues using Zoom! Update 22Jul I had the internet hardwired into my livingroom which is where I'm sitting and have had zero issues with freezing!! I did not find a solution except to switch to a MacBook and use Teams there. No issues when on a MacBook. The PC was replaced just over a month ago with another PC. Teams was not an issue there but trying to install a printer that needed more than the Microsoft printer driver provided was a larger issue.

Just so we don't assume only a few laptop models.. I have an newer ROG Asus laptop. My Teams freezes during meetings, and the screen that it was on goes to static just like you'd see on an old analog TV. I can still hear the meeting participants, and they can hear me, but no video on my end, and they mention I'm frozen on their end head shot wise. It's happened to me a lot, and during important meetings.

Choose where you want to search below Search Search the Community. Teams works perfectly on a 6 year old MBP. How can I resolve the issue on the PC so that it no longer freezes? This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. I have the same question Report abuse.

Details required :. Cancel Submit. Previous Next. Tech Independent Advisor. Hi My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products, I will be more than happy to help you. Kind Regards. How satisfied are you with this reply? Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

In reply to. Tech's post on August 21, Tha's odd, Have you tried to restart your computer? If still doesn't want to be installed after you have restarted your computer then please consider using 3rd party uninstaller software. I got it to uninstall. I am downloading and will reinstall shortly.

I reinstalled. Teams is still freezing. It freezes within 30 minutes of use. The specs of this computer more than meet the minimum requirements for running Teams on the desktop. Hey I have the same problem.. Michelle Weidema. Jessy Houle jessy. This site in other languages x.

 


Teams freezing in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.Teams video conferencing freezing - Microsoft Q&A



  It is a command-line tool that verifies network connectivity between the user location and a Microsoft relay server.    

 

Microsoft teams freezing during video calls -



   

The school uses Teams. Teams freezes and locks up the PC. It has to be restarted. After getting back into Teams, it freezes again. Time is lost and it is frustrating. There are no programs running in the background that would throttle the resources on the laptop while Teams is running. I understand that age of the computer is not a factor in how software works outside of the specs.

I understand that both programs are running in different code based on the OS. Was this reply helpful? Yes No. Sorry this didn't help. Thanks for your feedback. Several users report freezing in the middle of video call multiple times a day. Even switched the user to new devices, problem persists. Therefore reinstallation of Teams is not a solution for this problem. As this is a know bug to a lot of people Reliability issues: crashing, hanging, freezing — Microsoft Teams UserVoice please fix this.

I have a brand new Lenovo and this is an enormous problem for me! I've had Teams reinstalled and now I'm focussing on my internet provider as there appears to be some issues from their end that they can't figure out. But I have to say that I have less issues using Zoom! Update 22Jul I had the internet hardwired into my livingroom which is where I'm sitting and have had zero issues with freezing!!

I also noticed that the above fix was suggested for a similar issue reported after the anniversary update way back in Interesting to note that my external Logitech cam works fine through its camera software but not if directly being interacted with, by way way of Teams. So my only working method at present is the Logitech camera by way of XSplit's Camera Software and then using that as my source in Teams, not ideal but better than nothing.

I have raised this via the Feedback hub app in Windows 10 and raised a support case with Microsoft Store as my device is under warranty, just in case I can get some help on the hardware side of things. I have tried latest drivers, firmware, Reset Window 10, reinstalled Windows 10, you name it. It just makes no difference. I will endeavour to update this thread should I find anything more conclusive. I did also noticed an entry of personify in the camera list, alongside the expected built in one.

That was not present. So when I plug my Logitech back in I will see if that shows at any point and if when showing things still work. Ok thanks for the update Henry. Hopefully it resolves my issue. I will update you once i have done that. I have also Rolled Back the Driver, Updated the driver and also applied the latest Windows updates but still the same error mentioned above.

I reread your post and see that you mentioned uninstalling the drivers, just to confirm did you uninstall the device completely, such as clicking on the below highlighted option:. So you want it so there is nothing listed, then reboot and it should pick up again based on the latest drivers you have. Do you see a Frameserver event in the event logs? Would you be able to post a screenshot of your cameras in device manager please?

Getting the same issues too. Several of my work colleagues are getting this happening. Sometimes the only way to fix is to rapidly turn the camera on and off several times. We run the latest drivers and Teams version.

We tried disabling GPU in Teams settings. Clearing all of the Teams caches seems to work for a week or 2, but it will return. Is there a way for MS to fix this? THis issue does not happen when they use Cisco webex or Zoom. The only thing that resolved the specific issue of the Camera working for a split second and then freezing was to uninstall, so not just uninstall drivers or update drivers, but uninstall the device and let it detect again.

I also removed all other references to Cameras. This was done via Device Manager. If it was the same as what I had, it was not just Teams, but any Windows app making using of the camera.

So if you launch the Camera app and switch to video in Windows 10 you will see the same thing, so not just Teams specific. I tried this with device manager but it does not help. In the previous version it wasn;t that bad anymore but with 1. Drives me nuts. The Camera app does NOT have this issue at our notebooks. We discovered that our issue is somehow caused by Teams. We tried everything: new drivers for all hardwarecompnents. That's a good idea, I will try using the web app in Edge in the comming week to see if the problem is there as well.

Drivers are handled by our IT-Department, but the Laptop has a completely new installation from January, so I expect everything is up-to-date.

I don't fully understand this question. Ok, a short update: I have installed the PWA version via Edge and used it for more than a week now without any problems, so the crashes seem to only happen with the native desktop app. I will continue to work with the PWA for now, even though the native app is a bit more comfortable opens Links in my standard browser instead of Edge, slightly faster, integrates better with Outlook calender, etc.

I moved back to the native app yesterday, since it's automatically used to open meeting links, and again I had two crashes as discribed above in the span of a two hour meeting not relatet to sharing my screen this time.

Is there maybe anything I could look for in the log files of Teams? They seem quite verbose. Choose where you want to search below Search Search the Community. Search the community and support articles Microsoft Teams Teams for business Search Community member.

Timo Dreyer. The sound is still working fine at this point. Shortly after typically 1 or 2 minutes Teams crashes completely. Re-starting the Teams app fixes the problem for the moment What have I tried so far?

This thread is locked.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Download ZOOM Cloud Meetings for Android | .

How long does it take for covid 19 pcr test results